View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:26 AM

Squiddy is on a distinguished road

My display and my sump are both SeaStar and I haven't had any problems so far. I agree with Johnny in that the standpipe leaks without teflon but I assumed that it was necessary anyways. I got a really good deal on my display tank but there is a good size chip on the inside corner at the front of the tank. The tank is fine though. My 90G display came with a drilled overflow and return built into an overflow box in the back left corner. The tank also has Euro bracing which is nice in that there is no center brace, but it makes it a bit more difficult to reach the bottom of the tank because you have to reach around the bracing.

The imported SeaStar tanks that Wayne gets are fairly nice. I like the wrapped corners but I'm not a fan of the hood or stands that come with them. The hood is cheaply built aluminum and doesn't really go together that well. The stands on these tanks are also no good if you want to put a sump into the system. The compartments in the stands are sectioned off to provide stability and allow no room for anything other than a few supplies. I've got a friend that just bought an imported 115G bowfront from SeaStar and is planning to have them drill it out for a sump that he will put beside the tank in some kind of external stand. Will have to see how that works out.