View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM

impreza is on a distinguished road
Default VISA Balance Transfer

Ok, all you smart financial reefers, I need your help! Well, not me, but a friend of mine. Here is the email she wrote to me:

"Ok, well I made a mistake while paying for something recently.

I had intended to use my VISA#2 to pay for an online purchase for paypal, but somehow, it ended up being billed onto VISA#1. This is not really an issue, but I wanted to use VISA#2 to collect points and so on. The problem is that suddenly, something pretty major came up, and long story short, I don't have enough funds to pay off my VISA#1 this month. I want to take advantage of using a balance transfer (@3.9%). The problem though, is that only VISA#1 is offering this balance transfer and I was already billed onto VISA#1.

Can I somehow transfer my balance onto VISA#2 and then re-transfer it back to VISA#1 to take advantage of this reduced rate? If so, how do I go about doing it?"

Please don't flame her about using a CC to pay for things she doesn't have money for. The truth is, this was an extreme circumstance that she didn't see coming. Sometimes, other things take priority I guess (read: family). I also think the balance is quite significant (~$4000).