View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:14 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

I've been using the Aquatronica for a couple of weeks now and I like it. Everything I've needed it to do works well. And with the new firmware update it will do the rest of what I need. So far it's not doing a ton but here's a list:

Heater - I set the temp, an upper and lower delta and it handles the rest. Pretty simple stuff.

Top-off - I have a solenoid and two float switches. When the water gets down to the lower float it opens the solenoid and closes it when the float goes back up. If that takes too long (based on a setting I choose) it shuts down the solenoid and sounds an alarm (because I told it to). That way if a float gets hooped it won't run forever. The other float switch is a maximum water level. It should never be used but if the water ever did get that high it would shut down the solenoid. I plan to run this top off water through a Kent Marine float valve that will shut it down if the solenoid ever fails. Triple redundancy works great.

Ozone - I have an ORP probe and the AQT will turn on/off the ozonizer on the basis of my ORP levels. I'm at 375mV right now so it runs constantly.

Sump lights - there are simple timer functions so the sump lights are handled by the AQT.

Calcium reactor - this isn't operational yet as I'm waiting for my co2 tank. But when I get that the pH probe in the reactor will turn on/off the solenoid on my regulator to maintain the proper ph in the reactor.

Ethernet adaptor - I got this and it's up and running. Now I can monitor & adjust any equipment on my AQT system from anywhere in the world. That allows me to go to Mexico and check the temp/salinity/water level in my tank, just for peace of mind. If I wanted to I could shut down or turn on any piece of equipment attached to the AQT system. I have it set to send me an email if any parameter goes out of the normal operating range.

X-Y Programs - I don't use this yet but this basically gives you the ability to have two parameters affect the operation of a device. Aquatronica is working on a calcium probe and when that comes out the X-Y ability will allow me to either run top-off through my kalk mixer or straight from my RO on the basis of water level & calcium levels. Should be great.

That's it for me. I'm totally satisfied with the way this unit works & how you program it to do the things you need it to do. I haven't found anything yet that I need that it can't do.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5