View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 05:08 AM

Palster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy44 View Post
Sorry to but in here but may I ask why you decided on the internal overflows versus external? I am getting ready to build my tank and have decided on external. Just wanted to know what your reason was to go internal..

Thanks

Rich.......
I have been tossing around the idea of going with external overflows myself but after doing some research on the subject I have come up with two conclusions. External overflows can possibly fail and dump water on to the floor. Also they do not move as much gallonage as internal overflows which means you cannot run a large return pump without having to limit its flow or you risk overflowing the tank. The other reason I am not as fond of external overflows is because I want to place the tank as close to the wall as possible for aesthetic reasons. These are only the conclusion that I have come up with and I certainly do not consider myself an expert on the subject or I wouldn't have started this post.

Last edited by Palster; 11-26-2006 at 05:15 AM.