View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road
Default Open top PE tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I have a couple questions ...

How is the framing for the top part attached to the ceiling? Just with screws, or ... ?

What are the white tubs you're using for the sump and whatnot, and where can you get those?
The framing that is above the tank is "1 by 1". It provides the support for the plywood doors that aren't yet installed. It is actually NOT connected to the ceiling at all. It has three sides which are bolted together. The two sides are then bolted to the walls. The frame rests on the tank. There is some sill foam between the frame and the tank to provide some water seal.

The white tubs are polyethelene, roto-moulded tanks. They were purchased from Plastic-Mart.com. You can get them in almost any shape or size. I needed 50 gal and 100 gal cylinders, and 60 gal and 120 gal open top rectangles. The challenge is to find ONE place that has ALL the sizes that you need so you aren't paying multiple shipping charges. They were manufactured and shipped by Ronco Plastic in California.

They are a lot easier to work with than acrylic for hole drilling...although acrylic would look better. Since I needed the cylindrical tanks, it was efficient to get the sumps as well.

Last edited by muck; 11-21-2006 at 04:27 PM.