View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

One of GBTAs hid under the rock near the back of our 37g semi-cube when we first got it. It was not bleached in any way, though. I was able to feed it very small amounts of mysis every 2-3 days, and it grew.

However, I wasn't happy with it's location, and wondered why it would want to be there with so little light. I kept moving it to the front of the tank, but it always moved either to the side or behind other rocks. So I began experimenting with different powerhead placements. Turns out that the water flow in the front of tank was too strong for the GBTA.

To keep the GBTA in the front of the tank, I rearranged the powerheads so there wouldn't be suc strong flow at the front of the tank. It took awhile to find the right flow. The GBTA moved around at night while I was experimenting with water flow. I made sure there were no powerhead intakes that were potential dangers for the moving GBTA.

Timelapse videos of the GBTA moving around at night....

Our Our GBTA Clone .... one night's journey - PART ONE - December 1 to 2, 2005
(320 x 240 pixels, 2.3 MB, :54 minutes)

Our GBTA Clone .... one night's journey - PART TWO - December 2 to 3, 2005
(320 x 240 pixels, 2.0 MB, :41 minutes)

When we got our RBTA for our 67g, I made sure the water flow was quite low in the location I chose for it. It moved a couple of inches and settled into a rock that it's been in for about a year, even after moving it to our 120g a few months ago.....

Feeding PE Mysis to our RBTA
(320 x 240 pixels, 5.7 MB, 1:28 minutes)

Now, both GTBA and RBTA are together in the 120g. I feed them each 1/4 of a finely chopped scallop once a week. They are doing great....

GBTA and RBTA Vignette
(320 x 240 pixels, 3.6 MB, :45 minutes)

GBTA and RBTA Mingling
320 x 240 pixels, 4.6 MB, :55 minutes)

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel