View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 07:30 AM

anglfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Have you been able to feed it yet? If it wont take food,try Mysid shrimp but dont rinse off the packing juice.The juice causes algae,but it should trigger a feeding response.If its realy sick,it may take a few tries.Good luck

Oh it's eating
I have had it now for a month and I feed small shrimp, but so far I have not fed very often (maybe once every 5 days) as I did not want to overfeed it. The anemone looks very healthy, fully inflated most of the time (unless it feels poopy ), bubble tip shown, no injuries, food sticks to it right away and it did not move for weeks now. Also did not decrease in size.
The only reason why I'm thinking it could be bleached is the colour (no "brown" base colour) and the fact that it likes to be underneath an overhang away from the light. Only the very tips get light. The colour has not really changed the last month but then again I too have not taken pictures at the very beginning to compare to now.

I wish I could read minds. Don't want to overfeed this poor bugger but also don't want to starve it.

Are there any visible signs where I could recognize if I do overfeed (as I'm planning to increase small feedings to every two days)?

Oh and thanks for the advice given so far
Delphinus woaw.. huuge