View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:49 AM

chwkreefer is on a distinguished road

Copperbands are great for ridding your tank of nuisance feather dusters. I have a 150 gallon tank and these things were growing wherever there was some shady spots. I had hundreds of them growing. I added the Copperband and within 10 days they were all gone. They were probably all gone in less than a week, but I want to be conservative. That's the good side of having a Copperband in your reef. There is a bad side to consider too of course. Usually getting them acclimated and eating is tough, but I think you'll be fine on that point because of the feather dusters. Once they are gone you will probably have to get mysis shrimp or ground of oyster or clams.

Other problems are that they could nip at clams or polyps. Mine has been a saint from the time he was introduced. He hasn't touched any of my clams or sps. But that really depends on the individual Copperband.

But that's my 2 cents. I know they'll do the job. Just make sure you pick out a robust looking one and ask to see it fed in the pet store before making your final selection.

Bill