View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybean View Post
I screwed and glued two 2x4's together for the 4 side posts, one side was cut short so the top would sit on the 2x4's. If the top is just screwed in, it will fail sooner of later. My only regret is that I made it too small. Not enough room side to side and I wanted the pipes to come down thru the stand, but not that can't happen. When making your stand, plan for years ahead, draining a tank to put it on a bigger stand is a big job/waste of time/money. Going for bigger sump, closed loop or Auto Top Off down the road might mean a bigger stand.
looks good. i'm not using mine for saltwater though. my 29g is strictly freshwater. i was planning to use PL400 glue and screwing it together. we used PL400 on our dresser, headboard, and other random wooden things and they're really strong, doesn't move at all, never fallen apart

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons