View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus
Mark why not make 2 tanks converted into one have 1 sump so that everything is dealt with on the reef side then the FOWLR wont get half the attention. ......
Definitely a good idea and something I will consider. One problem I struggle with is hooking up an RO/DI to the existing condo plumbing and then have it fail someday. I'm not so sure my insurance, (or the Strata's insurance), would cover that. I'm new to owning, having rented all my life. Not too comfortable asking about it. ....."Hi! I'm the new owner of unit xxx. I have these huge aquariums. I want to hook up an RO/DI auto top-off from the laundry room plumbing directly to my tank systems. This means running water filled lines along walls and ceilings. Does the strata insurance cover damages when it fails?"
I'd rather run the RO/DI off the kitchen faucet only when I need it, thus the top-off tanks....which will take up more space. Consequently, the Reef and the FOWLR could not both fit in the same room.

Am I out to lunch worrying about not being insured in the event of an RO/DI failure?

Thanx much,