View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 10:32 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Brad, do you have a meter or camera that you could use to measure the intensity of your overlap? In my two existing tanks (the two that use two bulbs, the 20g is a single bulb) the overlap is definitely not as intense as right under the bulbs. Both are fairly low-tech DIY setups. The 50g, where the ritteri currently resides, is painted white melamine, that's my reflector ops: and in the other I'm using parallel reflectors, and, well, it's not as bright as if a person were to use these optimal reflectors.

Bob, that behaviour is indeed pretty much textbook. What I beleive you're seeing is this. The anemone seems further out of the rocks during the daytime because it has more expansion ... at night, it expands less, so it looks to "retreat" to within the crevasse. However, the pedal disk is likely buried deep within that crevasse at all times. BTA's do this -- they keep their pedal disk under an overhang, or in a crevasse, but keep their tentacles out in the light. The pedal disk they like to keep hidden out of the light. The difference between fully-expanded during daytime and the less-expanded at nighttime can be dramatic. The clowns, they will learn to live with this (they may try to bury themselves into the tentacles -- mine always did).