View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 09:47 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Thanks for the reply, Brad. Hmmm, does the area that they light have more of a rectangular shape or is it more like a perfect square then?

I'll tell you what my goal is for this tank I'm currently setting up. I have this ritteri anemone which is a monster. It outgrew it's current tank ... oh, probably about a year ago. It's friggen' huge! (Insert Mike Myers/Scottish accent here.) So anyways I'm setting up a new tank for it, which is a bowfront. Due the size of the anemone, I need for it to be in the centre of the tank. But, since it is a light-loving creature, it has a distinct preference to be directly in the "hot spot" of a halide. Thus, unless I go with a single bulb in the centre of the canopy (which, admittedly, IS one option I'm considering), the odds are good the anemone will wander left or right to be directly under one of the bulbs. Unless, of course, I could rig the canopy somehow so that there are still two bulbs, but giving the focal point of highest intensity in the centre of the tank. Sounds like I should just pick up two of the reflectors and try it, and see if it works out as planned. I suppose a person won't regret having those reflectors anyways even if it doesn't work out as planned!