View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 04:38 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofrog
1. Clowns are tank raised.
2. Tank size is 95gal.

I do have a 1000Watt 14,000K MH buld and socket but no ballast. Trying to find a ballast for it. How long can I keep the anemone under the PCs before it's a goner. The anemone is ~6" across.
Yeah, tank raised clowns will take a little longer (whose to say how long) to start hosting.. they aren't wild caught so they aren't as familiar. They all have the same hosting instincts though.. I am sure they will host it, just give it time.

95g with the PC lighting for the Sebae (H. Crispa) won't be enough I'm afraid. 1000w MH is going to cook everything in your tank. I think the higest wattage used is 400w MH.

I don't think its a question of how long will it last ... it will slowly decline in health and start bleaching, and losing zooaxenthelle (i wont even bother trying to spell it correctly) .. By the time it's all said and done , it will bleach out and once they start to bleach they are hard to save... so I would just get it under MH's ASAP .

Good luck, sorry for all the bad news . But better you know than have it die and so on...