View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

These are of the Olivine Pools:

(These are sort of like tidal pools. Full of juvenile tangs, and chockablock(!!) full of blennies -- zebra blennies and what I'm certain were lawnmower blennies {although I have not yet confirmed whether that species is really found in Hawaiian waters -- so I might be incorrect})

Sunrise on Haleakala crater (had to get up very early to catch this!! Left the condo at 3:50, got to the crater shortly after 5:00 am and the sky was already turning bright!)

(this was the last picture I could take, my battery died shortly after. 10 seconds later, the clouds were rimmed with gold. It was spectacular, you'll just have to take my word for it ... 10 seconds after that, the sun was up and the sky really got light. Moral of the story, always charge your batteries before climbing 10000 feet to catch the sunrise!!)

Sunset at Kamaleole #3: