View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
How accurate is the reading? Is it one of those measure one month and guesstimate the next month?
Not sure what you are getting at.
Is that how they do it in Manitoba?
In BC the consumption for the period covered by a bill is clearly indicated on the bill. You pay for what you've used. There is no forecasting. (At least not that I'm aware of. Maybe that's an option, but if it is I don't have it).
Comparing my last bill against the bill previous to that clearly shows a rise in consumption. So I don't get where you think a guesstimate might be in play here. The timeline maybe? A hydro bill here in BC covers 2 months, not just one. I have received 2 bills since starting up the FOWLR. But the first bill would have reflected only about 2 weeks of that tank being in operation. The FOWLR was in operation for the entire 2 months of the second bill.
But really, I am quite certain now that it is the FOWLR that caused the increase and there is no necessity to say anything more on it.
As for my original question on the fluorescent bulbs....I agree with Bob. I think it is an urban myth (and an old one at that) and I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
Thanx again to those who responded with information leading to the discovery of the increased power consumption.

Cheers,

Last edited by Johnny Reefer; 03-29-2006 at 04:49 AM.