Thread: Sea Horses
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

You're talking about luck. You got lucky that your seahorses are hardier than most. Just because your's have survived "several Ammonia spikes" doesn't mean that seahorses are easy to keep. Taking an exception & making it a generalization is not the best way to give advice to others. I'm glad you've had such great luck with your 8. Most others who've kept seahorses are not so fortunate. Everybody else who advises caution & recommends doing the research before buying seahorses (or any other species of fish/corals) are doing the responsible thing.

ie. I know a couple of reefers who've kept Elegance & Flowerpot corals alive for over a year, but would they turn around & say that these are easy corals & great for beginners. No. Why? Because despite their own success, they realize that the vast majority of reefers who've tried Elegance & Flowerpots have failed.

I would recommend that you write up an article on your experiences, the good & the bad, & post it on this site so we can learn from each other. As I stated earlier, it's great to hear that you've had such success with them.