View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 AM

jennytheleopardgrouper is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help. Everything else in the tank is healthy. All my other coral are fully extended. The mushrooms are possibly the nicest I've seen them.

I added several fish about 2 weeks ago. I tested a few days ago and the ammonia and nitrite were not quite at zero so I did a 10 gallon water change. (Levels are always good, but with the new fish...)
Salinity is good, temp is good. Nitrates say they're at zero. (I may need a new test, they've never been above zero.)
Just changed the charcoal now, it was about due (thanks for the reminder). I did find a few parasitic snails in the other end of the tank a few weeks ago but removed them and haven't seen any since. I think they go for the zoos first and all my zoos are fine. As for the deterioration, it's only in the stalk and I don't think I can cut that away, anyone? My tank is very low on algae, so does anyone know why the coral was growing it? Thanks,

120 gallon tank, 100+lbs LR, 50 lbs Crushed Coral Substrate, Seaclone Skimmer, AquaClear 500 filter, 2-36" T5, 2-48" T5+ 2-48" regular flourescents.

Clarkii clown, 2 False Percs, Regal Tang, 6-line wrasse, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 Brittle star, 1 large featherduster, snails, hermit crabs.
Blue, green and red mushrooms, toadstool, 2 cabbage, polyps...

Last edited by jennytheleopardgrouper; 02-14-2006 at 03:33 AM.