View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 03:48 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Upgrades done? Ha! LOL. Upgrades just lead to more upgrades, I’ve learned. Well, it is for the better, though.
So… the latest upgrades are done. Got a 180 drilled tank with two corner overflows.
Moved the sump from under the top off tank to directly under the main tank. The top off tank is still in play. Just a longer feed hose there, is all. This was all done about 6 weeks ago, actually, but just getting around to pics now.
So what’s next? Well, I can’t help but think that this system is way under skimmed. So the next upgrade is to get either an ASM G3 or a EuroReef CS8-2 skimmer for the sump.
It’s only a 33g sump so I’m hopin’ a CS8-2 will fit! Which has got me thinkin’ I need to upgrade the size of my sump! Sheesh! Well, the sump upgrade is gonna have to wait for the time when I plan to upgrade my living quarters so I can better accommodate these aquarium upgrades. (Read: Own place = peace of mind; concrete place = peace of mind). Heck, at the same time, I may as well upgrade the 135 FOWLR to a 180g and get a sump goin’ on that too, as it is under skimmed also. Oh, and RO/DI top offs are in the plans too!
Can you say upgrade, Johnny? Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.
In the meantime, however, I think it's time to get some livestock!

This pic is with the cabinet facade in place.

Cheers,