Thread: Another Flood!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 01:48 AM

Silverfish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Silverfish
Default Another Flood!

Great stories everyone... there is just one thing I can add to this discussion.. the flooding you all are talking about seems to only affect you and your own floors, carpets, etc. We live on the sixth floor of a condo.. :eek:

Here's my dumba$$ story: I am late for work but decide I'd better fill my 5 gallon water jug with my RO/DI. Hook up the hose, throw it in the jug, (sitting on the kitchen floor of course) turn it on,and go to work...

I get a call from my gilfriend saying that the landlord has left a message on the answering machine about me leaving the water filter on and flooding my downstairs neigbours, and the neigbour is not impressed...

Sooo... lots of appologies and $400 later,(to re-drywall and paint the neigbours ceiling) I vow to never do THAT again!!

Oh, wait.. it gets better. :( :(

About three months later guess what... late for work, etc etc... you get the picture. Oh ya, another $400 too. :mad: , neigbour: :mad: :mad:

Soooo... now I sit and watch my 5g jug fill, only do it after work, and save my money for a down payment so I can flood my own house!!

This hobby really is expensive in lots of ways!!!!