View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 AM

Petcrazy is on a distinguished road

There's my other point...
You never know what the future holds, and more often than not people don't upgrade from what I've seen, unless they are among other aquarists and get a little encouragement. (Either by being in awe of other people’s setups...eg TomR's, or getting prompted into it because people think your tank is too small etc)

You don't know where you will be financially in the future, so you may as well stay safely within your limitations in the mean time.
How hard is that?

Something my mother taught me when I was little (since I was reaaally bad about constantly bringing pets home, weird things from garage sales etc....you'd be amazed how easily people take money from a little kid.....-grumbles-) "You don't need to take everything you see home. Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable just to look at something you like and appreciate it for what it is without taking it home with you."

That and why do people always think of the bare minimum they can provide their pets, other than what they can do to make the animals life comfortable, rather than less imposing on our own.
They never asked to be taken into your home, you took them in, so show your appreciation by giving them the best that you can provide for them.