View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDP
Steve, no one said anything about keeping a tang in a 20g...
bah that was numbers I pulled out of the air as and example as we have had people with tangs in a 20 befor. for what it is worth I agree that a small tang species would be ok in a 40 or bigger (tang police are going to roast me on this one ) but I would not keep any species of tang in a smaller tank than that. as for angels there are several dwarf species that are colorfull and interesting as well as other types of fish more suited to a small tank that are equaly cool. if you go with angels and you have soft and LPS corals are you willing to risk them becomming lunch? all kinds of questions you need to ask.

I know there are several people that do actualy upgrade tanks but do a poll on the size of main tank that people on the board have and I think you will find the majority under 60 gal. another poll of who plans on upgrading there tank size will show a high number but if that is followed up with a poll on how long the upgrade has been on hold or in the planning stage I think you will find the majority end up wishing they could get a bigger tank (I am one of thoes also ) not nessasarly for anyone reason either.. mine is no place to put it, ran it by the wife to cut a hole in my den wall so you could see it from the family room, I figure I could get at least a 224 gal tank in there but the reception wasn't that warm so I am one of thoes people that wanted a fish that needs much more than my 94 gal and if I would have given into it two years ago it would now be cramped with no hope of getting a bigger tank for a while. Not because I didn't want to but because I can't at this time.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.