View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 11:43 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Matt, instead of relying on some one to take it when it gets big (which can be hard to do at times) why don't you concider some of the spetacular smaller fish like dwarf/pigmy angels and such.

I voted no because most people say they will buy a bigger tank when it needs it. You know what.. Most of the people who say this don't because they never intended to or found they can't afford to.

As for the argument presented above, think about it. Because we take it out of the ocean we can justify putting it a tiny tank because even a 1000gal tank is smaller than what it is used to??? Give your head a shake that is one of the most BS ideologies I have ever heard.

Yes we cannot give it what it is used to but we can give it at least enuf room to swim freely and such. There are ways to help in this, like having a very high current in a part of the tank so the fish actually has to work to swim into it and such but to simply try convince your self that because a 1000gal tank isn't as much room as it had in the wild so what difference would keeping it in a 20 gal tank make is totally irresponsible.

I personally don't buy fish according to their baby size; I look at fish that when they are full grown I will be able to give a reasonable home to. I am not a tang police and I think a lot of what the tang police say is bunk but yes there are limits to what I consider proper and sorry to say a 20 gal isn't proper for any tang.

Its amazing how these polls pop up once and a while from people trying to justify not buying a proper set up for the fish they want to keep.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.