View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 AM

dacyn46 is on a distinguished road

Sorry about not getting back sooner K here it goes first it is a 46 gallon the water params are great checked them today all is still great nitrite 0.01 nitrate 0.01 ph 8.2 amonia all with in norms and the temp between 80-82 tough one to keep with the weather we were having here in chills ville ummm selenium 1.0023 the anemone is fantastic and beautiful it is a blue tipped condy sorry no pics yet will get them soon I guess it was looking for a good place to roost and it has found it it is hosting my large maroon clown as well I have a small maroon , coral beauty , 3 blue devil damsels , inverts include 10 snails turbos and astreas ( snails are getting eaten by scarlet shrimp and the blue legged and zebra hermits) just got a sea hair to contend with the green hair algae that is driving me crazy have asked all at the LFS that I frequent and I have tried all that has been recomended ( the sea hare , hang on red sea protien skimmer , emerald crab , and calcium (sea chem reef calcium) a capful a night , brushing the rocks , blowing off the algae with turkey baster , chemi clean , feeding the fish every second day , phosphate remover added to the fluval canister) I do regular water changes with ro ultra violet light 5% weekly all this to no avail I also have 50 pounds live rock and crushed coral 2" deep all help greatly appreciated I have a fluval 404 which is cleaned and checked and the charcoal riinsed as well as doing all the media maintenance as well as a hagen 802 and a rio 620 for water circulation I have done all that I have been told in the 5 months that I have been up and running but will certainly do more if I am given and idea of what it is that I can do to improve the conditions in my reef for my reef I love this hobby with a passion and am not going to give it up over algae and other pesky problems with the great info and experience that you guys hold I hope to conquer theese problems Dacyn46