Thread: New 150G system
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 03:39 PM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlK
I think you should get back to the island and get some more work done so you can post some more pics. #lol
I'll have you know that I have been working on it all weekend! My 40Gallon auto top off resevoir is now online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang
Looks good Your lights make me think I should have gone with radiums instead of halides. That your your choice from the start ? I could never firmly decide
I wasn't my choice from the start (BTW, Radiums are halides, just 20K colour) as I was going to go 10K XMs, but after looking at what these bulbs look like on an HQI ballast, I was sold on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahim101
What are the dimensions of the tank???
60"X24"X24"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifan917
Hi,

just wondering if you have any protections (such as starboards) between the bottom glass and rocks? I am thinking of going BB too, looking for advices.

thank u #biggrin
Nahh, to lazy to put any plastic down. I think that it may have helped with aquascaping (glass is slippery) but I'm not sure as I have never tried starboard. Personally I think it is a fad, I don't think any of the rock in my tank could fall fast enough through water to crack the bottom. Maybe if you have that 40lb piece of rock that you want right at the top of the pile , otherwise I wouldn't bother with the plastic, waste of money. In a while the bottom will look the same in boths situations, covered in coralline algae!