View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 10:34 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default whare do I put my float valve?

hmm ok I plan on running the spray bar so parrt of it is above the water level. (I will drill more holes if nessasary to achieve this as I want it to surface skim). so in theroy only one inch of water should drain down if I made my spray bar right.

my tank voume is about 3.83gal / inch of hight so at the most I want to have 2" drain down and what ever is in the lines (say another 2 gal.

I guess calling the middle chamber a fuge is kinda wrong.. it is more of a place to put extra rock (don't need sand there as the real fuge will be a 20 gal ontop of the stand)

I will be drilling anti-siphon holes in my return lines just under the working level of the tank (maby 1/4 to 1/2 a inch is what I planned on)

do you think I should just make it a two chamber? have the first foot for everthing to workout of and the last two feet as he working area for the pump and top up? after all there is the 25 gal tank to put rock in also.. if this is the prefered method how should I do the baffels (how hight and how many)? I want to ensure that all the bubbles I can get out are got [img]smile.gif[/img]

Steve