View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 04:31 PM

cc_bruno is on a distinguished road

Well, the final goal is to have my 225 and my 77 gallon tanks, running on on large refugium / sump, (with each measuring 20"x24"x36"). I'm hoping that I can run both tanks off of one pump, (thankfully, seahorses don't need much water flow, so, as long as I don't put anything in there that requires lots of high flow, I should be ok, (or, will put in a power head for the few corals that do need it.... I'm hoping the seahorses will learn to stay away from it.... seem to do so now in the 33, so, there's always hope )). The main tank, the 225, will have either 3, but, more than likely 4, 400 watt MH bulbs on it, and then, not sure if I will run VHO actinics, or PC actinics, (heck, or even regular, NO, actinics... got to save some money somewhere ). If I can get it to look just right with 3, then the fourth one will go over the 77... if not, then I'll need to work out lighting for the 77, (missed out on a few deals for MH lighting, so, that tank may go PC or VHO.... we'll see, (read that, what will I be able to get past my wife after the first month's hydro bill when the MH bulbs are running ).

So, that's the goal. I have the tanks, ballasts for the MH bulbs, and soon, will have the sump built... just need to finish the floor in that room, and get the stands and canopies made, and then, it's get sand, rocks, bulbs and plenty of salt, and a whole new adventure begins .

Wish me luck... I'm going to need it, (right about the end of that first month of my MH running

Robert