View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 05:01 PM

cc_bruno is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping to start working on my fuge/sump this weekend, (as it's a long weekend), but, won't hold my breath . Once it's all set up, it will be a matter of deciding between an external pump, or, a submersible one. I like the idea of a submersible, as one of my fears is the external one leaking, (or the bulk head leaking). I have a little giant that came with the tank, so, external one is free, (well, already paid for ), so, it's cost versus fear. Just can't win sometimes .

I've hit the frustration point a few times in the past year and a bit, but, most of it was over trying to get my seahorses to eat frozen food, (imagine hand feeding 6 seahorses, freshly killed and live ghost shrimp at 6 AM, so that you can still make it to work on time.... believe me, that gets painful really, really fast... but, now that they are eating frozen mysid, life is better again ). Thankfully, the good days far out number the stressful, and frustrating ones, (as there are no bad days in reefing ).

I'll post a few pics after it's all set up, (still having to work out some lighting issues... got the hardware, now, just want to better simulate a "natural" sun light / moon light cycle, without spending a ton of cash).

Robert