Thread: vho + wh7
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:23 PM

Invigor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy
Invigor, where in Regina do you find a wh7 anyways?
I didn't, I bought it from aquaria.ca for $54.99. If you get one gimme a call and I'll help you wire it to do VHOs they don't have it listed on their site on how to do it. Also if you want some endcaps and vho bulbs I'll make ya a deal I've got 2 10000k uri's...they're pinkish but bring out incredible colors on the fish...they are absolutely vibrant with color. I originally bought the wh7 for t5s, but they sent the wrong endcaps and I decided to try the VHOs out just to say I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nothing
Now i jsut need to find a way to hold the bulbs in place i was thinking some pvc cut into short pieces and sliding the bulbs through these but doing it a way that there is one support ant each end and one in the middle jstu so that if i ever bumped one end it would not fall into the tank, anyone have any thoughts on this
i'd avoid putting plastic near the ends of the bulbs, they get pretty hot. I don't really need the "waterproof" endcaps so I might drill some holes in it to release some heat so they don't overheat..I just like the security of holding the bulbs in place.