Thread: vho + wh7
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 03:26 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vho + wh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nothing
hey all jsut brand new to this site but came ehre jsut to speak with stircrazy hows that for special lol
Wow, welcome to the site.

Quote:
i am going to be setting up a wh7 with 2 vho's and am trying to understand the correct way to wire this i found one of your posts on AP with the diagram and it looks like the key to this is to give each post of the endcap a lead out instead of looping them together and giving them one lead coming out i am i correct in what i am seeing in the diagram
Yes this is correct. If you use a jumper there is a chance it could work lose, fail ect. this would put all the current through one pin which is the cause I have seen of your next question.

Quote:
and also regarding endcaps a lot of people i have heard of having problems with overheating issues it has been with Icecap endcaps is it possible that there very design feature is also there flaw with omstone style endcaps they are exposed giving the heat a chance to escape the icecaps being enclosed wouldnt they actually hold the heat more
the problem like I said is mostly from incorrect/short cut wiring. yes the enclosure also helps by raising the temp, but on its own this is not a problem. If for some reason the power is forced to use one pin then it will get hotter and from what I have seen on a couple bulbs it will eventually melt the pin and cause extreme heat build up in a localized area which seams to be enuf to melt the icecap end caps. I did simulate this on a old bulb at home and was able to get some good arcing while it was melting the pin then after this all that happened is the end filament got red hot as the power had no where to go.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.