View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 02:35 AM

00nothing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vho + wh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invigor

I'm assuming having all 4 wires running the bulbs causes extreme heat and melts the endcaps..is that what happened to you steve?
nope never happened to me, It was Brad that had the melt down, but it wasn't because of 4 wires it is because it was not wried using both pins on the yellow side of the bulb. so to much power going through one pin eventually caused it to fail and sense it had no where else to go overheated the other end.

I ran 4 wires for two years with out a problem.

Steve
hey all jsut brand new to this site but came ehre jsut to speak with stircrazy hows that for special lol

i am going to be setting up a wh7 with 2 vho's and am trying to understand the correct way to wire this i found one of your posts on AP with the diagram and it looks like the key to this is to give each post of the endcap a lead out instead of looping them together and giving them one lead coming out i am i correct in what i am seeing in the diagram

and also regarding endcaps a lot of people i have heard of having problems with overheating issues it has been with Icecap endcaps is it possible that there very design feature is also there flaw with omstone style endcaps they are exposed giving the heat a chance to escape the icecaps being enclosed wouldnt they actually hold the heat more

thanks for any help and now that i know about this forum i might be around here more