View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:30 PM

Reefer+ is on a distinguished road

Resurrecting this post!

I started using Ocean Lab Nitra Guard w/Titanium to combat a random algae outbreak after introducing some new corals.

I added the cubes into my setup beginning of March using the bomb method.

It's been over a month and I've noticed the algae reduction. However in some areas of the tank, hair and bryopsis algae wont die. They keep coming back to those areas. I've tried killing them using Hydrogen peroxide but they come back after 1 week. Btw I never had hair and bryopsis prior to the corals I introduced...

All my corals and fish are doing very well so no issues there.

Parameters looks good.

The one issue I noticed with the cubes is the smell. I'm getting a nasty sulphur smell. I've checked the air stone and added a second one just to make sure. Its located in the sump. As long as its submerged the smell is virtually gone. However when I pull it out of the water, it smells bad.

I've tried contacting Ocean Labs and found out that was a waste of time as I'm not getting a hold of anyone and no responses back to my emails.

I would like to think I'm doing everything right but clearly I'm missing something. .

It does appear to be working. Perhaps, not as good as I would like it to, but still glass cleaning has gone down and there is a noticeable algae reduction.

Thoughts on how to get rid of the smell? I read online that it's lacking oxygen. In my case, I highly doubt it. Direct flow might be an issue but I still can't see how that would make a difference as water flow is constant in the sump and the air stones are creating a lot of water movement.

I've attached some pictures.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk