View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 03:41 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Well .... Just because they're OK clustered together at the store doesn't mean they should be for long-term, of course. The stores goals are temporary housings and turnover, not necessarily optimal long-term husbandry.

Ok, so odds are they were collected from a single colony, thus they're probably clonal siblings and it's probably not going to be an issue as far as them not getting along ...

But that's gotta be a full tank.

Albert, sorry, I don't mean to rain on your thread. I'm just thinking that you will probably have to get going on that bigger tank (I know all about that one ... I'm not one to talk) or you may need to pull them out. (If you want to keep other things .. LPS, SPS, etc. -- the damage may not be as severe as SPS vs other-SPS but it's still damage nonetheless). I was just looking at my darn ritteri and how it's shifted 4" in one direction (it tends to "lean" one way one week then another way another week), and now it can occasionally brush my open brain. Guess how good that brain is looking tonight. I guess I'll have to move the brain. In a 90g, putting the coral anywhere in the one half tank is basically too close. Darn thing.

I guess if it's OK for the time being, it must make a pretty cool display. But yeah, it's a measured choice.