View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:52 PM

st0rmtr000pa is on a distinguished road
Default Sump and Tank Update!

So I have two things to update you guys on. One is the sump is nearing completion and should be shipped from Anaheim tomorrow. I made a mistake in the last post saying the sump was coming from Elite Aquatics when in fact its coming from Advanced Acrylics. Secondly my new tank is just about to be finished up and shipped out. I'm just waiting on the acrylic teeth to be installed. Everything should be here by the end of next week (hoping).

The sump is a custom triton style sump. The first section is a fuge area with 5 - 1" bulkheads for the drains from two tanks. The second section is the skimmer section with an adjustable baffle. It has 5 - 1/4" bulkheads for dosing and ato lines. The third section is the return section. It has 2 - 1 1/2" bulkheads for the return and media reactor pump(s) (if I choose to go with a second pump for the media reactors or just stick with one pump for both the return and media reactors) It also has another 1" bulkhead for expansion. The last section is an ato which has a 1" bulkhead for whatever reason and 1 - 1/4" bulkhead for the ato pump. Total water volume is 66.5 Gallons excluding the ATO section. Total fill volume should be around 48.9 Gallons. The ATO section is 9.7 Gallons.

Sump Pictures:

Tank Pictures: