View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:22 PM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
I'm hopeful that Dave gets things humming given the changes that have been talked about. I would really suggest that some literature be created to reflect all that they can do as options.

I did what I felt was a lot of homework with modelling the tanks and sump in SketchUp and pestered quite a few tank owners here, on FB groups and in person. Still, I found some cosmetic things that were overlooked because I didn't know, and would want on future builds (like black vinyl on the bottom of the tank to hide that plywood).

Not saying the tank isn't beautiful, they did a great job. Just you know, it wasn't the smoothest process. I'm hoping to get a nice ~200 gallon peninsula later this year or early next year and wouldn't hesitate to go through Dave again.
this is not an excuse but I only allow one person to handle tank quotes and builds and at times it can get overwhelming. Since I took back over the quoting and handling of builds I can see where some details get glossed over. Sometimes, ok most times we get emails asking for a price on a XXX gallon tank with no other info and it is like pulling teeth too get the right info to properly quote the tank they want.

I think going forward when we get a request for pricing the first question I will ask is, do you want a cheap but holds water tank, a good but not perfect tank or an all out baller tank lol and than work out details with the customers.

We can do a lot with glass and with the CNC table coming in the next month or so there will have a lot we can offer for acrylic too.

I am currently working on a request work sheet with all that we can offer, so in the future it should be a lot smoother process

I will look forward to working with you on the new build.

Thanks Dave