View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:49 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Saltwater shouldn't be poured outside. If it's not diluted it will kill off almost all vegetation in that location if poured there regularly. It shouldn't go in storm drains - those are for rain water, not saltwater. It is illegal to dump water into storm drains.

Since I own a maintenance company, here are some options I use depending on what clients have available:

Gravel vac waste: I always siphon into a bucket. Always goes into a toilet - if there is lots of sediment I will scoop the bottom of the bucket into a waste bag. In the case of commercial locations where a toilet may be nowhere near then I pour off the water into a sink, and scoop the sediment into a waste bag.

Draining clear water from the tank: If I put the gravel vac buckets into the toilet then I'll put a full 5-gallon bucket of clear water down the toilet afterwards to flush it really well. Bathtubs are a decent choice for the bulk of the clear water because they are low to the ground, and will drain faster. Make sure no sediment goes down a bathtub or sink drain. For larger tanks I use a hose to go wherever the draining happens - sometimes it is not an option, and I just pack buckets, sometimes up and down a flight of stairs. It is what it is. Easier to do when you're getting paid for it though.

I carry a Quiet One 4000 pump hooked up to a 25' hose, and it's good for draining or refilling.

If there is very low carpeting (commercial carpet), or hard floors then a rolling platform dolly works very well. You can get them at Princess Auto - they go on sale 50% off so watch for those. There are some that go up to 600 lbs I think, but good luck pushing that around! I use these in commerical locations for mixing tubs and move the tubs from water stations to the tanks where I then pump out of the tubs into the tank sump.

I'm sure if I think long enough I'll come up with more... haha

SPS fanatic.