View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 05:03 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom R View Post
For 15 years I have used nothing more than a $15.00 Kent Float Valve and Gravity.
I raised a 45 gal storage tank 2 feet off the floor and have my Sump with the float valve on the floor with 1/4 feed between them. Setting the float valve will determine and maintain the level of water in the sump. This gives me 3 or 4 weeks without refilling the storage tank.
There you go, gravity is your friend. I use a slight variation on the theme since I don't have a sump & it's not feasible to have a top off container above my display. I use an air pump on a timer to pressurize a 6 gallon glass wine carboy with a rubber stopper in the top. This pushes water through a line to a mechanical furnace humidifier float valve attached to the rim of the display. Good for about 7 days of top off. Has been pretty robust for years, not 15 years, but close to 10. I think I renewed the float valve once. $10 or so at the hardware store.