View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 04:34 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Time for a update. I recently found my nutrients slowly going up, so i have decided to add a refugium hoping this will be a cheaper method to keep nitrate and phosphate low. This is in my garage the display is on the other side of wall inside house. So far added cheato and some red mangroves.

Next I've changed up my rock work a bit, I'm liking this look much more.

Added a few clams, in the past I had up to 15 clams at a time and I swore I would never get anymore but these came in at a great price and looking pretty nice also couldn't resist.

Next up I've been adding lots of frags as you can see in the pics above . Thought I would show off a particular nice tenuis I picked up its still small and green but sure glows already.

Walt Disney tenuis

Another nice one not gonna say what it is, good luck guessing.and sorry winner doesn't receive a free nub off it.

Final part of this update is about the rock flowers. Males spawned on Feb 28th if I remember correctly as of the last few days the females are looking swollen and one has shot out some babies. I find as the babies grow the mother will release 2-3 babies to make room for the rest to continue growing in mom . I'm expecting more in the following weeks.

In this pic you can see the mother showing off a huge baby she closed back up right after pic and still holding this one.

Pic of my favourite baby from last batch eating pellets.

Males also spawned again last night not sure what's gonna happen this round as most females are still holding babies.

That's it for now thanks for looking. Ryan