View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 01:03 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Default April Update.

Well I finally picked up some local chaeto and placed it in the fuge. I took the time to "seed" the fuge with a bottle of Reef Nutrition Tigger Pods. Hopefully this gives it a bit of a jump start. I am waiting until the LFS has a shipment of DrEco - Eco Matter to add some diversity to my Refugium. I am hoping to see the chaeto ball get some growth, the light is currently on a timer for 8 hrs reverse light cycle (12am-8am). Here is a quick photo of the fuge.

I also took the time to finally mount the pump controllers on to the back wall. I was able to mo My one of the two power bars and clean up the wiring as well. I picked up some "L" brackets from Home Depot for my dosing pump to sit on. Unfortunately I haven't had time to calibrate and get the dosing pump online (soon I hope).

I am still looking for commercial or "strong" magnets locally for the wood skirt I will be placing around. I haven't been able to find any (HD had some weak ones). If anyone has suggestions please let me know

Last but not least, finally got a hold of a decent sized Powder Blue (I have saw these guys in other tanks and fell in love). So welcome "Blueberry" as my wife has already named him. Sorry about the lame iPhone photo, I have yet to learn how to track and take a better photo of the fish