Thread: Testing water
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 12:25 AM

Sharkbait-huhaha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galizio View Post
I think testing is essential as part of the hobby, same like water changes ... I'm surprise when people say they don't test the water, or same with people that say never perform water changes. I'm referring most to hobbyist with a reef tank as probably a FOWLR is easier to maintain IMO...
Can you believe when they say my corals are doing good? Yes, the ones alive, how many did you kill tho?
As hobbyist you have to consider the water testing as part of the routine, even if you do a test a day , don't need to do all 5-6 or 7 or whatever , how long does it takes? Maybe 5 minutes?
I say water testing is essential, if you have a tank is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh com'n Galizio, I have not had one coral die on me, because I didn't check my parameters lol, But I did have corals die on me from stinging one another, BJD, or having a not so reef safe fish.

Like many other said in this thread, it really depends on what you keep in your tank, and how much you're willing to invest in it.

So I continue... day 201... parameters.. still no clue.

As long as my little nieces and nephews can come over each time, and look in awe, I am a happy camper.

For those curious whats lurking in my tank...

It might not be as grand as some of the amazing tanks I have seen in this CanReef community, but its my piece of the pie, They way I like it