View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:49 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Well said Tim is your personal tank set up yet? It's also a really hard industry to make a go at.
No my personal tank is not set up yet as the power here is quite unstable. Lots of 1 minute power failures which can make the Korallia's run backwards. Until I get a UPS I won't be setting up. It's just going to be a 29gallon Biocube and a UPS will keep it running for days. LoL

You are correct in it being a hard industry to make a go of. Lots of people do stupid things and it costs $1000's in dead animals. I once had Cathay Pacific Airlines screw up a booking and an Aussie acro shipment sat in Hong Kong baking for 16hrs. Needless to say I have a collection of Aussie acro skeletons up to 8" across. Another time Cathay Pacific put a shipment in the cooler overnight(7hrs) because they were too cheap to heat the warehouse overnight. Warehouse was -4°c overnight while the cooler was only 4°C. Needless to say there was fish fertilizer made using Laboutei Fairy Wrasse, Scotts Fairy wrasse, Yellow and Blue Assessors etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin
I've seen $600 6 inch cross hatch triggerfish in a 20 gallon tank lying on the bottom.
When Crosshatch triggers come in they are very shy and hide for at least a month, sometimes longer. Kinda similar to a Blue Throat Trigger. If the 20 gallon tank is on a central system then there is more than enough life support for the trigger.