View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

This is definitely the wonder drug, who would ever have thought it was this easy. I have been keeping a reef tank for over 25 years and who knows what I would have done had I known it was this easy.

It has been 6 weeks since I treated my 40 gallon tank with 3 tablets of Fluconazole and I would never have expected it to be this good. All Bryopsis is gone, I had a heavy infestation 8 years worth, I did nothing else, only removing the dead Bryopsis when it floated to the top.

I have absolutely no Bryopsis left, I lost no inhabitants of my tank, not a snail, not a fish not a coral. The colors of the corals, Bonsai SPS, neon green frogspawn has never changed. there actually growing way faster because there is bare rock to be covered.

The coralline algae was not affected. I had a bit if a Cyano problem immediately after, due to nutrient build up with the dead Bryopsis and skimmer being off line for a half a dozen days. I have completed 2 very large water changes to remove most of the Fluconazole from the water.