View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 02:54 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road
Well I have finally filled the DT and Sump with water. I was happy with the way the sump layout worked and how quiet the Jebao DC pump is! I noticed one small leak which I tightened the bulkhead and *poof* gone. I also had to tweak the percentage on the digital controller for the Jebao return pump to control the overflow level and balance everything out. This took a bit but I managed to dial it in to where I was happy.

Jebao return pump, so quiet! Marked out temporary running and high water levels with tape.

I finally decided on the wall the tank will be setup on. I decided this wall would be best do to being tucked away, yet near the bar and completely visible from the couch . I applied a black vinyl on the back of the tank as I have saw them in person, on builds and I love how they make the fish and coral pop.

This is the wall! Also the drywall is up and the taping is almost finished.

I am getting excited as once the drywall is done I will be 1 step closer to setting this beauty up. I will have the textured ceiling done and then I can lay the floor... this means that the tank can finall be filled in place.

I am currently trying to pick two heaters that will be sufficient for the tank. I really like the Eheim Jäger heaters I currently have on the 75g. I was thinking 2 - 300w would be plenty, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone have ideas or know if this will work? I will also be picking up new Sand this weekend. I will also pickup a temporary clamp light for the fuge area until I can get a proper one as most are currently on backorder.