View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 02:55 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice View Post
Have used strictly led and strictly t5 on multiple systems , and came to the conclusion that kessils/t5 is the best combo I get growth and color. T5 is always the easiest method that works without question. However I get much nicer colors/patterns in my corals when using kessils/t5 combo than compared to when I was running t5 alone. When I ran kessils alone I got great color everything did great just growth was slowed . So to me the mix of the 2 is perfect combo and I only have to change 2 bulbs a year instead of 8 less power and tons of adjustability . And not to mention pretty affordable should be able to make a nice hybrid fixture with two A360's and two t5 bulbs for the price of the ap700 or a radion . How much does an ATi fixture with bulbs run ? Close to$1000?
I have been debating this route as well. The wife wants to limit light spill on the walls and ceiling since the tank will be in the main area our toddler plays in, i could use the 360 i currently have and retro in some t5 bulbs in a small canopy over the tank. The ati fixture wouldn't be one of the fancy LED ones, but still around 750 with bulbs. The retro your describing is maybe $150, sounds like the way to go.