View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:17 PM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
FYI, DI resin works via ionic binding, which is essentially a magnetic attraction. When DI resin is "used up" it loses this magnetic attraction and will quite suddenly let go of everything it has attracted. For this reason, it is very important to change the DI resin the moment you see 1 ppm.
Yeah it makes it really hard to keep up to date with everything when you have to order things in, we used to have a local couple running things from there house which was good but they stopped so now i have to stock up. I plan on doing a order next week as i want a little skimmer for my 36 bow front that ill be using as a qt till i get this tank more stocked with fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Ok sounds good, I'll keep an eye open for the pics. The large amount of soft corals will also irritate LPS corals, so if you really want LPS to thrive, you'll want to really diminish the soft coral takeover. Don't do anything with those polyps until they are identified though. Even if they are the "bad" ones, the chance of them having high levels of Palytoxin is low, though I feel a moral obligation to warn people when I see them. Especially in such vast numbers.
My wifes favorites are all the softys ha so im trying more so to fill in the left side that's more bare, I'm some what careful when working around polyps as when i got into the hobby i read that article about the guy,his wife and the dogs getting sick from boiling the rocks. I've never gotten sick when accidentally taking a swig of water or from getting water on my cuts in my hand( My hand pretty much always have cuts and scabs on them from my other hobbies) so I've always just assumed that there safe ha.