View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:46 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Your acros definitely coloured up from the beginning! So nice and the contrast in colour really draws the eye. Great work!
Yeah, it took me a long time to figure this tank out. It was just too clean, and I couldn't get anything to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galizio View Post
Lol, I do not understand why my message only showed "great pics"...
Wanted to know about your skimmer routine as I read is off a night time. Do you have a set schedule or just goes off every single day?
I was turning it off at night, but was thinking that's not a good idea (gas exchange), and someone else mentioned that too, so now I just remove the cup at night and put a tupperware container or it so it doesn't spray everywhere. In the morning I put the cup back on. I've been thinking to experiment with leaving the skimmer on 24/7 again, but it's bad timing with there being no fish in the display right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimper View Post
Great progress there Mindy, all corals seems very happy and vibrant. Thanks for sharing.

Just a question though, I noticed there is no fish on the current photo, did you remove all your fish?
Yeah, they're in a QT. When I added the Perchlet I didn't quarantine him because my QT was was full of clients' fish. Unfortunately he introduced Ich. Fortunately it was a very mild strain and they all lived with it since July last year. I felt bad for the fish though, and decided to medicate them. I needed to remove the Tomini Tang and Yellow Coris anyway since they were getting too big for the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadod2 View Post
Mindy how long have you been using Xtra? i been contemplating on which coral additive to give my corals colour. i tested my P04 today and it still reads 0, even after i added 4 anthis over the past 3weeks. i heard Acropower is good, how long did you use it for with no results?
I used AcroPower daily for 5 months. I started adding Xtra daily on Nov 4th, so it's been over 3 months now.

Just because a product is a good product doesn't mean your tank needs it. This is the same reason why some people claim "crazy results" from starting potassium dosing or some kind of amino acids dosing. If your tank needs it, there will be a noticeable affect. If not, there will be little affect.

SPS fanatic.