View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I agree that those BRS reactors that are really just RO filter housings are HORRIBLE for carbon and GFO. It boggles me that some people like them.

TLF is actually my favorite for GFO because it simple, reliable, easy to adjust, has an outlet hose for in-tank rinsing of the media, and you can buy replacement parts for it (like o-rings so you don't have to tighten it so hard haha). I have two TLF reactors that are somewhere around 8 years old, and still running like day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
I use the mini max by innovative marine. There super easy to change the media.
These are my second choice for GFO (I hate them for carbon). I don't use the sponges because they are a PITA to clean the GFO out of and get clogged up. The drawback to that is that you have to pay attention to where the openings are when you insert the reactor into the holder because if it lands on "full blast" it will blow the GFO right out of the reactor which makes me want to punch something. As long as you know about this, it isn't a problem. I would only recommend the medium and large sizes, the tiny one is a PITA to clean. The only "non-fixable" drawback to these is that there is no outlet hose, so you can't do an in-tank rinse, you have to rinse before you put it in. The problem with that is no matter how well you rinse there is always that orange cloud of dust that comes out when you first install a new batch.

SPS fanatic.