View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 10:33 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I weeded out as much as I could before medicating as I wanted the meds to get the roots.

On day 2 now so we will see how it is.
So you're at a full dose @ 20mg/gallon instead of 5mg/gallon now? Actually read that someone was able to get rid of their bryopsis at the lower 5mg dose, didn't provide much detail or photos though. Im definitely not a scientist or doctor but suppose in theory it's possible to create a strain resistant to this medication if using too little. Kind of how vaccines are "supposed" to work.
As far as manual removal first, it isn't necessary but probably won't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
I am still not bryopsis free after 7 days. There is still quite a bit of it and it is not looking healthy. The bryopsis took a hit but it seems to have leveled off in the past few days. I do not think it is actively growing but I will have to manually start removing it. I am wondering if starting up my skimmer after day 2 removed the fungicide. The red cyno that started to grow when I shut off the skimmer is completely gone.

Did anyone else run their skimmer while they were treating?
No skimmer here, I don't even have one in the tank.
Glad you're Cyano is gone, now onto the Bryopsis. If the remainder isn't looking healthy than it probably is bryopsis and just give it a bit longer. If it's not going away then it could be another type of algae mixed in?
I've yet to see anyone mention that it didn't take care of all the Bryopsis, but have seen someone say they were Bryopsis free after 18days