View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

So let me get this straight. Colby told you they were pre-cut smalls, you paid for pre-cut smalls, and now you're unhappy you got pre-cut smalls.

I totally get the idea of not wanting a LFS to "chop shop" up colonies, but I think this is where being able to actually walk into the store to see what is there for purchase would settle your concerns over "Bayside stop chopping the acans so small its a pity". They have a good sized assortment of full colonies that they are glad to sell you. The problem is not many reefers want full sized colonies anymore, they want cheaper frags to allow them to grow into the space.

There is a good chance that the particular acan you wanted had already sold out of the full colonies & larger frags and small was all that was left. For example, BC has a great looking rainbow chalice in shop that was originally for sale as an intact colony, then sliced in half with decent "toonie" sized frags made out of one half and the other half still a respectable sized colony for sale. That's typically what I see when I walk into Bayside Corals.

I guess what I am saying is be careful not to label a business when you have only received one online order from them. It's not fair and harmful to the business.

Scott