View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 04:43 AM

Amadod2 is on a distinguished road
Default need advice on pale corals

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some helpful advice on my currently pale corals. Here is a little backstory to my tank. last year February i re started my tank from nothing, as i lost everything that summer during a power outage. in April i added a few corals and didn't do much to the tank, i believe i did two water changes from April to August, i know that isn't good but life got busy.After a few months I came back from my summer vacation and my dosing went a little sideways as it over dosed my tank alk and bleached almost everything. so i brought the levels back into check and every month since November i have been doing about 15-25% water changes, increasing them a little every month. i change my filter socks every 3-5 days and clean my skimmer cup. as for my perimeters when i last checked my phosphates where 0 ,my alk 9 and Cal 450, sal 1.25 and my temp no higher then 79,my nitrates and nitrites are also 0. i run a 6bulb T5, and i stopped running rowafos about a month ago. i know it takes time for corals to recover but I'm just wondering if any of you might have ideas as to why my corals or pale and what can i do to get more colour out of them.