View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 02:40 AM

rockworm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Canadian Reef Octopus Distributor

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I am very frustrated with the Canadian Distributor of Reef Octopus. I do not know who the distributor is, but I am watching my 400g SPS tank slowly die because they cannot provide a timely delivery of a large protein skimmer. I ordered a Reef Octopus SRO 6000ext Recirculating External Protein Skimmer through my local LFS on December 14, 2016. I ordered it because my old Reeflo Orca 250 pro skimmer finally bit the dust and I could not get the replacement part I needed. I ordered a different skimmer pump, added it, through plumbing modifications to my skimmer and it was not strong enough, so a new skimmer was in order.

I made the order through and was told it would be at there before the new year. It did not arrive and I followed up with my LFS on January 5. The LFS has tried to contact the distributor twice, to no avail. I again contacted the LFS and they finally got in contact with the distributor on Thursday, Jan 12. The distributor claimed it was in stock.

I do not know what the heck is going on, but it seems to me that the distributor for Reef Octopus does not care for customers and I would suggest that people consider an alternative skimmer. I am in a small minority who operates a large reef system. This whole experience has shown me that the Canadian Distributor does not give a sh*t about their customers.

Last edited by WarDog; 01-14-2017 at 02:49 AM.